LCSW Supervision for New Supervisors in KY
This workshop is designed to explore the major topics of supervision of Certified Social Workers in clinical practice. This workshop will focus on the Theoretical Foundations for Clinical Supervision, Practice Modalities, Techniques, and Approaches to Clinical Supervision, KY Rules & Ethics for Clinical Supervision Practice, and Evaluating Clinical Supervision. This workshop meets the requirement of Kentucky Board of Social Work for licensed clinical social workers who seek to become a supervisor in KY. This workshop also meets the initial requirement for current LCSW supervisors to continue their supervision capability in Kentucky after Jan 1, 2022. This workshop is a self study format. There are four modules using recordings from the webinar version.
After taking this course social workers will be able to:
- Describe two supervision guidelines or best practices.
- Describe two theories and two modalities for clinical supervision
- Relate the ethics of competence, informed consent, due process, and multiple relationships to supervisory practice.
- Identify the KY rules for clinical supervision.
- Describe the relationship of contract and evaluation as they pertain to supervision.
- Identify one self-assessment document for supervisees.
- Discuss two strategies to increase supervisee flourishing rather than surviving.
This is a self-study course approved by the KY Board of Social Work, Sponsor KSWBSP202154 for 6 CEU’s.