LCSW Supervision for New Supervisors in KY
This workshop is designed to explore the major topics of supervision of Certified Social Workers in clinical practice. This workshop will focus on the Theoretical Foundations for Clinical Supervision, Practice Modalities, Techniques, and Approaches to Clinical Supervision, KY Rules & Ethics for Clinical Supervision Practice, and Evaluating Clinical Supervision. This workshop meets the requirement of Kentucky Board of Social Work for licensed clinical social workers who seek to become a supervisor in KY. This workshop is held online via a webinar format.
After taking this course social workers will be able to:
- Describe two supervision guidelines or best practices.
- Describe two theories and two modalities for clinical supervision
- Relate the ethics of competence, informed consent, due process, and multiple relationships to supervisory practice.
- Identify the KY rules for clinical supervision.
- Describe the relationship of contract and evaluation as they pertain to supervision.
- Identify one self-assessment document for supervisees.
- Discuss two strategies to increase supervisee flourishing rather than surviving.
The workshop is approved by the KY Board of Social Work, Sponsor KSWBSP202154.
Date: Jan 21, 2022
Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (Central Time) / 9:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Next scheduled dates:
April 22, 2022
Aug 19, 2022
Nov 18, 2022